"Indent headline data" is indenting non-headline-data

From: "James Harkins"
Subject: "Indent headline data" is indenting non-headline-data
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 08:45:20 +0800

I just discovered a strange auto-indentation behavior. Org 9.5.2.

I'm currently using org to draft a paper.

I have set org-adapt-indentation to "adapt indentation for headline data lines."

Now I have (just stealing some body text):

```
* Headline

When this variable is set to ‘headline-data’, Org only adapts the
indentation of the data lines right below the headline, such as
planning/clock lines and property/logbook drawers.
```

If I position the cursor at the end of this paragraph, after "drawers.", and I
hit return twice to start a new paragraph, org does not indent (as I expect).

If I position the cursor in the middle of the paragraph and hit return twice to
break the paragraph into two, upon the second return, org *does* indent by two
spaces.

Uh. What?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what is the definition of "headline data lines,"
but this looks to me like it's body text. Why is it being indented?

hjh