How to disable org-persist in a given file?

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: How to disable org-persist in a given file?
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 16:32:35 -0300

Hi All,

this is more of a question really. I moved recently to the new pretest
version of Emacs and thus got the 9.6 version of Org. And after that I
started to notice some saving by `org-persist' going on, and indeed I
have a new associated "~/.cache/org-persist/" directory.

However, I do have some Org files which contain sensitive data. I'd
like to be able to disable persistence in those files. Now, some of
them are ".org.gpg" files, and I've seen the sources of `org-persist'
and noticed persistence is inhibited for them. But I also do have some
encrypted loop devices which, once opened, have a "plain" .org file
there.

I've greped the sources, and I see that `org-element' is making use of
`org-persist'. I've also seen the release notes, and that
`org-element' makes available `org-element-cache-persistent'.

However, taking a look at `org-persist's API, I couldn't find any
obvious handle to disable persistence there. Everything I've seen
presumes I have knowledge of registered "containers", which I don't.

Is currently `org-element' the only part of Org using persistence by
default? Is there some way to inhibit `org-persist' altogether in a
given file? (As opposed to just inhibiting `org-element' use of it
with `org-element-cache-persistent').

Best regards,
Gustavo.