Re: [ANN] org-jami-bot

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [ANN] org-jami-bot
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:27:20 +0700

On 18/04/2023 02:22, Hanno Perrey wrote:
=org-jami-bot= provides hooks
and functions that extend this to Org mode captures.

Thank you for the idea (I can not say anything concerning implementation yet) to take advantage of messenger infrastructure for CLI variant of org-capture. Certainly it is an option when ssh is not available or overkill. It has caused change of my attitude in respect to chat bots.

Are there chat clients optimized as a kind of terminals for CLI operation? I mean GNU readline features like TAB completion, incremental reverse history search C-r, substituting last argument from previous command M-., executing with selection of next command for edit C-o, expand history "!" substitutions M-^, multiple kill buffers, etc.? Since chat driven RPC is more asynchronous than regular terminals, perhaps variants of sorting for command "output" should be implemented as threaded grouping or receive order sorting in mail clients.

Earlier I was forced to use a messenger to manage virtual machines even from a desktop (so when full-size keyboard and mouse are available). That time I wrote a python tool that was called from shell and sent arguments to HTTP RPC endpoint used by that bot. Even though it was one way communication (responses were sent to the messenger), I found it much more convenient. That is why I started to hate inappropriately used chat bots.

I admit that messengers have features allowing to create some kinds of UI with less efforts than web or native applications. It would be great to have specialized clients and protocol features dedicated for CLI, not human communications.

Back to Org, are there mobile Org applications that support org-capture and org-protocol? I mean purely local using of mobile terminal application and simple tool to sent intentions to the Org App?