Re: [BUG] Killing link located at beginning of line does not kill full l

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Killing link located at beginning of line does not kill full link if region is selected to beginning or end of line by either mouse or arrow keys [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-13-gdd6486 @ c:/Program Files/Emacs/emacs-29.0.50-snapshot/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 10:49:29 +0000

"Miguel Garza" <miguelgarza@fastmail.com> writes:

> Yes, I think there could be arguments for different behaviors, but I suspect
> the expected behavior should be the same as when you select the link by other
> methods, such as starting a region at one end and then jumping to the
> beginning or end of the line with move-beginning-of-line or move-end-of-line.
> When killing the line or region after that movement, the entire text (URL,
> description, all brackets) is killed.

I am not sure.
Consider a user who wants to select on the description part of
[[https://orgmode.org][link]]

Currently, it is possible to place region start at "l" by moving cursor
leftwards. Rightwards will place region start before the first "[".

What you suggest will make the described use case impossible.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,