Re: [RFC] [feat] org-colview/org-columns: 'column view' moving rows up/d

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [RFC] [feat] org-colview/org-columns: 'column view' moving rows up/down
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 09:09:03 +0000

Sławomir Grochowski <slawomir.grochowski@gmail.com> writes:

> As I understand it something with overlay. Which try to jump before the
> first line of the buffer.

Most likely.

> And that makes some kind of overflow?
> I will try to simplify the example and create a simple overlay without
> org-columns.
> If anyone has some ideas how to debug it I will be grateful for the hints.

I suspect that it is something with overlay boundaries. AFAIR, some org
subtree motion functions use `insert-before-markers', which may be
tricky when we insert right at the beginning/end of an overlay.

I suggest using M-x debug-on-entry and stepping through the code.
You may also add a random colour to colview overlays to track how they
behave visually. You can also examine `org-columns-overlays' variable
that holds all the active colview overlays.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,