Re: What is a week?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: What is a week?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 16:21:41 +0200

On 2023-04-11, at 13:34, Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/04/2023 17:09, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>> Max Nikulin writes:
>>> So at least some people expect 7, not 0. I would say, both variants
>>> should be acceptable.
>> Would you be interested to make a patch?
>
> Not really. I expect something like
>
>>        (let* ((ws (mod (or wstart 1) 7))
>>            (diff (+ (* -7 shift) (- dow ws) (if (> dow ws) 0 7))))
>
> I have realized that current behavior may be considered as
> a feature. Agenda obtained on Sunday allows to review previous working
> week. So :weekstart 0 and :weekstart 7 might behave
> differently. However to make it full-fledged feature, it is necessary

Actually, my question resulted from me noticing that "last week" behaves
weirdly and the decision to write a blog post about how to display
a clock table for the last week.  In that case, you can always say
`lastweek-1', so I'm not sure if the `0' setting is all that useful.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl