Re: [BUG] ox-md image captions

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [BUG] ox-md image captions
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 00:21:53 +0700

On 07/04/2023 22:29, Vladimir Alexiev wrote:
It's not about the tooltip in HTML:
figure captions are very important in scholarly publishing.

I see and I do not like that Org exports caption as title (tooltip). On the other hand neither original markdown nor GitHub flavored markdown have notion of figure caption. Pandoc extension has the issue with duplicated text in caption and alt. I have seen mention of <figcaption> block in commonmark, but I have never tried it.

MarkDown is rather basic format and the closest approach it a paragraph below an image despite they are not grouped into figure.

    ![](fig.jpg)

    Figure 1. Caption

A workaround for Org is export snippet or block for the paragraph with caption

#+md: Figure 1. Caption