Re: [BUG] ox-md image captions

From: Morgan Willcock
Subject: Re: [BUG] ox-md image captions
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2023 11:41:43 +0100

> Please provide concrete examples where ox-md does not follow
> specification.
>
> The title/caption issue herein does not qualify.
> https://spec.commonmark.org/0.30/#images also defines
> ![foo](/url "title") with "title" being the title, as we currently use
> it in ox-md when exporting captions.

If ox-md is trying to do the same thing as Markdown.pl then it doesn't
really make sense to compare it to CommonMark.

The only point am I trying to make is that both ox-md and Pandoc need to
deal in the same unambiguous specification in order to inter-operate.

For Pandoc, the matching specification needs to be selected to ensure
that the correct one is used, but nothing based on Markdown.pl can be
unambiguous in this scenario because Markdown.pl has no unambiguous
specification.

--
Morgan Willcock