Re: A dream?

From: indieterminacy
Subject: Re: A dream?
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 17:11:48 +0200

On 03-04-2023 15:52, Marko Schuetz-Schmuck wrote:
Dear All,

I teach some software engineering courses and in each of them students
work on semester-long projects in teams. So far, have let them choose
their own tools for all the tasks (implementation language,
documentation tools, etc.). Personally, I have been using org-mode for
what feels like forever. I was thinking that it would be nice to have
students use org-mode also for their project. I can see it provide so
many features that would benefit the projects: easy links for
e.g. traceability, tagging of requirements for categorizing, responsible
developer,..., of course todo lists, priorities, progress tracking,
rendering to web page, PDF,...

Since these are students from a very technical background I would hope
they would be open to this.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience related to this, maybe not
specifically related to teaching, but software engineering projects
(with documentation of domain, requirements, project approach, progress,
references, source code, testing, design, etc. etc. etc.)?

Ive spent time working on making uses with Gemtext - the format that supports the protocol, Gemini.

Here is a non orgmode example (developed with GeneNetwork), which covers knowledge and kanban-boards, featuring a simple parsing of a Gemtext repo - with people contributing within different folders
https://github.com/genenetwork/gn-gemtext-threads

Its available on the CLI via Tissue (Guile).
Here is a talk going into it:
https://fosdem.org/2023/schedule/event/tissue/

Here is is exported to html, via Skribilo:
https://issues.genenetwork.org/topics/guix-system-containers-and-how-we-use-them

That particular Gemtext file that generated that example can be found via the blame icon (this approach works via git-blame):
https://github.com/genenetwork/gn-gemtext-threads/blame/main/topics/guix-system-containers-and-how-we-use-them.gmi

I hope that helps.

--
Jonathan McHugh