Re: [BUG] org-latex-preview with custom sty file

From: chris
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-latex-preview with custom sty file
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 19:29:16 +0100

On Friday, 24 February 2023 18:49:10 CET Timothy wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> > Note: I haven’t been able to compute the return value of the hash function
> > for
> > my latex expression, because I can’t figure out what the arguments actually
> > are,
> > specifically `forbuffer`, `fg` and `bg`, but the above reasoning seems
> > sound.
> > Note: Removing specifically the images looking like the image associated
> > with
> > the latex expression that refuses to be regenerated, using some file
> > manager,
> > and then invoking `org-latex-preview`, does the trick, but it’s impractical.
>
> Yea, `org-format-latex' is a bit of a nightmare. I’ve got a WIP overhaul of
> the
> entire LaTeX preview system which is currently 95% of the way done. The new
> system will still not notice changes in package source files, but it will be
> easy to clear the cache and regenerate.

There is that, which is supposed to be included in org-mode 9.7:
https://github.com/karthink/org-preview?

I suppose for image regeneration it needs user manual intervention, otherwise
it's the same to do `rm ltximg/*`.

If I were able to compute the output of the hash function I could have decided
which image to selectively remove.