Re: tex export overshoots right margin with mixed fonts

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Re: tex export overshoots right margin with mixed fonts
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 11:42:12 +0100

Fraga, Eric writes on Fri 24 Feb 2023 08:06:
 > On Thursday, 23 Feb 2023 at 16:25, Rob Sargent wrote:
 > > Looks to me like this only happens if the last word of the line is
 > > "emphasized" and larger font.
 >
 > This is not an org problem; it's LaTeX.  It's happening because LaTeX
 > has a problem breaking up the line at the previous word.  You can help
 > LaTeX by adding the line
 >
 > \sloppy
 >
 > just before the paragraph in question.

Perhaps another (less sloppy :-) way:

The Org's _=MappingInstruction=_ is exported as
\uline{\texttt{MappingInstruction}} in the .tex file.

If one replaces this by \ul{\texttt{MappingInstruction}} and one uses
\usepackage{soul}, then MappingInstruction is correctly hyphenated.

So in the org file, one can use
@@latex:\ul{\texttt{MappingInstruction}}@@.

Now, is there a way to tell Org to export _=MappingInstruction=_ as
\ul{\texttt{MappingInstruction}}?

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr