Re: Unicode problem with export of literal contents

From: Jens Lechtenboerger
Subject: Re: Unicode problem with export of literal contents
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 10:18:41 +0100

On 2023-02-17, Bruno Barbier wrote:

> Here is a way to reproduce that doesn't use org, in case it might help
> to manully fix your encoding issue:
>
>    (with-temp-buffer
>       (insert "Lechtenb\303\266rger")
>       (let ((buffer-file-name (make-temp-file "mailtest")))
>         (save-buffer)))
>
> Does it work with your old config (with your old org) ?

This also asks for an encoding.

> What kind of failure do you get elsewhere if you let Emacs use the
> correct encoding (i.e. if you use `insert-file-contents') ?

I want to be sure to use the file contents in unchanged form, as
promised by insert-file-contents-literally.  For now, I copied part
of the code from insert-file-contents-literally to avoid
after-insert processing and file handlers.  I still do not
understand what is happening differently in my case, though...

Best wishes
Jens