Re: Bug: org-latex-export-to-pdf does not remove .tex file [9.4 (9.4-elp

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bug: org-latex-export-to-pdf does not remove .tex file [9.4 (9.4-elpa @ /home/bruno/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.4/)]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 20:37:51 +0000

Bruno BEAUFILS <bruno@boulgour.com> writes:

> When using the org-latex-export-to-pdf on any foo.org file I get the
> foo.pdf file produced the right way but I also get the foo.tex file.
>
> I think that the whole point of exporting to pdf is only to get the pdf
> file, avoiding the need to keep the latex one.
>
> I guess that one of org-latex-compile or org-latex-export-to-pdf
> function should remove the source LaTeX file if the compile went well.

The problem with LaTeX export is that it is not always possible to know
if the process truly finished without errors or not.

I guess we might make this a user options, if more people are
interested.

Meanwhile, you can tweak org-latex-logfiles-extensions adding "tex".

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,