Not all reftex commands within latex block generate appropriate message

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: Not all reftex commands within latex block generate appropriate message
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 13:15:28 +0100

Issued after 'org-edit-special' within a latex block (like the one
below) the command 'reftex-toc' generates the dreadful

   reftex-TeX-master-file: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

Only after some debugging time and trying

   reftex-label

did I understand what I presume is the reason:

   reftex-access-scan-info: RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file

#+begin_export latex
\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\section{1}
\section{2}
\end{document}
#+end_export

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
ITE (Institut Terre & Environnement) | alain.cochard@unistra.fr