Re: [BUG] conda doesn't work in ob-shell sessions

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: [BUG] conda doesn't work in ob-shell sessions
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:21:25 -0800

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

> 1. M-x shell

When I follow your example, in particular starting the session with
M-x shell, then conda works as expected, and behavior is same as you
report.

But when I don't start with M-x shell, instead letting ob-shell create
the session, then conda gives the error about needing to run conda init
(despite the fact that conda init had already set up my zshrc).

Example when _NOT_ using the M-x shell:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-version nil t)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: Org mode version 9.6.1 (release_9.6.1-250-ge6353d @
/home/jack/devel/org-mode/lisp/)

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-babel-do-load-languages
  'org-babel-load-languages
  '((shell . t)))
#+end_src

#+begin_src sh :session *myshell* :results output
conda activate ledger
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
#+begin_example
CommandNotFoundError: Your shell has not been properly configured to use 'conda
activate'.
To initialize your shell, run

    $ conda init <SHELL_NAME>

Currently supported shells are:
  - bash
  - fish
  - tcsh
  - xonsh
  - zsh
  - powershell

See 'conda init --help' for more information and options.

IMPORTANT: You may need to close and restart your shell after running 'conda
init'.
#+end_example