Re: PATCH for worg about cb_thunderlink (Re: Link from orgmode file to E

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: PATCH for worg about cb_thunderlink (Re: Link from orgmode file to E-Mail (using kmail or notmuch))
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 12:46:34 +0100

Hi Max,

> I am trying to determine if it is difficult to get mid scheme working
> system-wide and emacs-wide on windows. If not, I would just add your
> example "[[mid:$msgid$][$author_name$: $subject$ ($date_iso$)]]" to the
> remark related to copying Message-ID in the existing text and corrected
> a bit a note on obsolete thunderlink.

After asking Thunderbird to register itself as the default mail
application, "mid:" seems to be working from everywhere.

I tested with a command like:

     start "mid:63dd2b57.....gle.com"

And, I also tested:

     (browse-url-default-windows-browser "mid:63dd2b5....google.com")

That's way better than a hard-coded call to `start-process' indeed.

Thanks a lot,

Bruno