Re: Org html conversion with XyJax

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org html conversion with XyJax
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 14:11:05 +0000

Partha Pratim Ghosh <ghosh.parthapratim.unisa@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks; this suggestion worked --- at least the xymatrix figure came
> out; however, the arrow was almost not present:
> test

Note that your attached html lacks images and thus cannot be viewed.

> I believe this is a rendering problem. Also the mathematics symbols get
> /tiny/; could rendering of mathematics made bigger, a little bolder, and
> xymatrix diagram arrows made visible?

Check out org-format-latex-options. In particular, :scale.

> I have a huge amount of macros which are constantly used, especially
> because the area of my work (Category Theory) demands use of plenty of
> inline diagrams as well as displayed diagrams; for inline diagrams it is
> best to have macros to speed up the typing. I believe you are saying
> that while these are recognised by LaTeX for PDF documents, the html
> converter just neglects them.
>
> Firstly, is it possible to convert these macros to a form which is
> acceptable by hrml converter?

We rely on MathJax, which, AFAIK, supports a subset of LaTeX. To get
full LaTeX support, you have to use LaTeX, which we allow, via images,
as Rudolf suggested.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,