Re: [BUG] org-publish does not obey org-footnote-section [9.6.1 ( @ /hom

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-publish does not obey org-footnote-section [9.6.1 ( @ /home/contrapunctus/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.6.1/)]
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 13:44:45 +0000

contrapunctus <contrapunctus@disroot.org> writes:

> I have org-footnote-section set to nil in my init.el.
>
> If I export through the HTML or Tufte backends, my footnotes are not exported
> in a different section. However, with org-publish-project and with
> org-publish-project-alist having a value like -
>
> (("project" :base-directory "/foo/bar/"
>             :publishing-directory "/foo/bar/"
>             :recursive t
>             :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-tufte-html))
>
> ...a section called Footnotes is created.

Please provide more details about how to reproduce the issue.
May you attach a small example file and details steps demonstrating the
issue? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

> ... #+OPTION: org-footnote-section:nil, and as a property in
> org-publish-project-alist (:org-footnote-section nil)

These two options will have no effect. org-footnote-section cannot be
set using OPTIONS and project alist. Just variable.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,