Re: Internal links to lines in different org files

From: kevin lucas
Subject: Re: Internal links to lines in different org files
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 16:04:24 +0100

Thanks for responding. I meant specifically the :: syntax with org IDs, and not filenames. I did confirm that this feature is currently only in Doom Emacs, see:
https://github.com/doomemacs/doomemacs/blob/master/modules/lang/org/config.el#L639-L659
Regarding org-export-with-broken-links, is there a way to export the text of the link, and not kill all the text?

On Wed 1. Feb 2023 at 15:55, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
kevin lucas <lucaskevin296@gmail.com> writes:

> 1. Is this feature indeed specific to Doom Emacs?
> 2. If this behavior isn’t in org mode, could it be added?

No. It is built-in.

> 3. Connected to this: if I export an org file containing an ordinary link
> to another node to PDF, the PDF compiles and I get a dead link in the file.
> If one tries to export org files with these double colon links there's an
> error message `Unable to resolve ID "foo::myname"`. Is there a way to
> generate the PDF just like in the first case?

See org-export-with-broken-links

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,