Re: Bug report for ox-icalendar: newlines should be CRLF

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bug report for ox-icalendar: newlines should be CRLF
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 14:51:17 +0000

"Stephen J. Eglen" <stephen@eglen.org.uk> writes:

> The lines from BEGIN:VEVENT to CATEGORIES:test inclusive have CR (^M) as well
> as LF (^J) as newline [in the text above, I've converted the ^M to ***
> to see them eaer.  Is that intended?  Uploading the file to
> https://icalendar.org/validator.html gives me the error
>
>> Lines not delimited by CRLF sequence near line # 1
>> Reference: RFC 5545 3.1. Content Lines
>
> Nicolas (cc'ed) has confirmed that it seems to be a problem.  Before I
> work slowly on a suggested patch, does anyone have an idea on the best
> way forward?  Is it possible to encode the file as "DOS" ,using
> something like set-buffer-file-coding-system?  SOme lines do however
> have \r and \n see e.g. org-icalendar-fold-string which inserts both \r
> and \n

Sorry for the late reply.

Do I understand correctly that all the ical lines must use \r\n? [1]

If so, we can simply wrap the export output into
`org-icalendar-fold-string' in `org-icalendar-template'. Does it make
sense?

[1] https://icalendar.org/iCalendar-RFC-5545/3-1-content-lines.html

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,