Re: Bug: :session results in unfriendly error reporting

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: Bug: :session results in unfriendly error reporting
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 10:44:14 +0300

Tim,

thanks.

> It isn't so much that nothing is possible but rather nobody has
> implemented a consistent model which can be adopted and has been
> implemented by all backends. This is why I consider this to be a
> feature request and not a bug report. This is not expected/defined
> behaviour which is not behaving according to spec - this is new
> unimplemented behaviour, a new feature which needs to be designed and
> implemented across all backends.

yes, i agree this is really a feature request.  in general, as far as i
can see, consistency across languages "at the fringes", is pretty much
"a work in progress" (or not, as the case might be).

if there is ever the chance to detect and propagate errors in :session,
that would be great.  (and, again "in general", trying to reduce the
[reducible] gap between non- and :session, across languages, would be a
nice goal.)

cheers, Greg