Re: org-table-sum

From: Jeremie Juste
Subject: Re: org-table-sum
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 14:50:38 +0200

Hello Robert,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

> I suspect that the people using org-table sum would not want to split
> the function in two: itʼs a useful utility function (and why split off
> the integer summing? Thatʼs always going to be accurate).
I see your point here and I agree with you.

> You could make org-table-sum use calc, which would achieve the same. I
> donʼt think there'd be any complaints about floating-point additions
> suddenly being more accurate (famous last words)
I have investigated a little further about using calc. I haven't come up
with a solution yet. I don't know yet which function calc is using to
perform this operation. I have tried calcFunc-vsum but fell back on the
same issue.

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(calcFunc-vsum 85.6 .1)
#+end_src