Re: Bug: org-block face isn't applied to special blocks

From: Sébastien Miquel
Subject: Re: Bug: org-block face isn't applied to special blocks
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 20:17:59 +0200

Hi Bastien,

As far as I can tell, with 8a083514a7 from master, the situation is now as follows.

The org-block face is applied
 - to src blocks, when the language is recognized
 - to example, export blocks
 - to verse and quote blocks, if ~org-fontify-quote-and-verse-blocks~ is ~t~.

It isn't applied
 - to src blocks, when the language isn't recognized
 - to special blocks (that is, blocks with arbitrary names)

I make heavy use of special blocks and I'd like this face to apply to them.
I think it would make more sense than the current behavior, and is less surprising. (It is also more in line with the previous docstring).

(I also think it should apply to unrecognized src blocks)

Regards,
Sebastien

Hi Sébastien

Sébastien Miquel <sebastien.miquel@posteo.eu> writes:

Hi Bastien,

With latest org-mode master, and emacs -q,
run (defface org-block '((t (:background "#494949" :extend t))) "")
before loading org-mode,
then visit an org buffer containing the three following blocks.

When I do so, the org-block face only gets applied to the src block, and
not to the quote block, nor the special block.
Fixed in maint, as 7769518f3.  Thanks for the report again,