Re: [O] [RFC] [export] synctex support for ox-latex

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] [export] synctex support for ox-latex
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 12:11:37 +0100

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your work on this patch.

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> It is very simple to use: load the file, and then M-x
> ox-synctex-activate.  Now every time you export latex to a pdf, the code
> will patch the resultant synctex file so you can jump from a pdf viewer
> to the (approximate) org source line that generated it.  The hooks and
> advice can all be removed with M-x ox-synctex-deactivate.

Still a nice idea.

It doesn't work for me however.  Or perhaps I just don't get it.  I am
expecting it to work similarly to AUCTeX-synctex and other non-Emacs
editors supporting synctex.  E.g. a red box usually pops up,
highlighting the correct line and I'm able to jump back from the pdf
to the source.  Neither works.

I tested it with emacs -q.

Note, there should probably be some require statement in the top of
your file.  ox-latex would work, but you might only need org-element.

Software:

Org-mode version 8.2.1 (release_8.2.1-86-gbe3dad @
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)

GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.0) of
2013-10-03 on pank

Evince 3.10.

Texlive 2013, up to date.

–Rasmus

--
You people at the NSA are becoming my new best friends!