Re: [O] Beamer export: one question and one bug

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export: one question and one bug
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 10:20:03 +0300

Greetings!

>> 1. First the question: when I export the org file below as Beamer (C-c
>>    C-e l O), I get an empty outline. How do I fix this?
>
> I cannot reproduce it. What happens with "-q"?

The same thing: an empty outline.

To be exact, I ran "emacs -q" and the executed the following commands
before loading the org-file, in order to use the newest version of org:

(setq load-path (cons "/home/jarmo/addons/emacs-packages/org/lisp" load-path))
(require 'org)
(require 'ox-beamer)

Maybe this is related to TeX version? Mine is

TeX 3.1415926 (TeX Live 2013)

>> 2. Then the bug. If you remove the comment character in the second
>>    slide, Beamer export gives an error, while a regular LaTeX export
>>    (C-c C-e l o) produced output.
> The export process doesn't unencode hexified links, so the problem
> doesn't come from the equality sign but from the percent one.

Ok.

> This problem was discussed recently (look for a thread named "Encoding
> Problem in export?" on the ML), but, IIRC, no solution was found.

I will read through the thread, but at the moment I don't understand why
the Beamer export behaves differently than the regular LaTeX export.

All the best,

Jarmo