Re: [O] trying to write a guidebook for students using org , need help w

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] trying to write a guidebook for students using org , need help with formating
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:37:31 +0800

Xebar Saram <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks again guys
>
> Rick: "But a better approach would be to define your own latex list
> environment for
> program steps and use lists:"
>
> ive never used latex, do you mind expanding on that a bit?
>
> Eric: "I don't think it's cut, is it? I just tried with your example
> and long
> lines are preserved as-is (ie, quite long)"
> this is how it looks in my pdf export:
>
> https://paste.xinu.at/sYsMVz/

Oh I see -- it's latex that cuts those lines off, not the org exporter.
You'll probably want to go the list route then. See this link for how to
create a custom list environment:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/lyx/ownlists.htm

Then do this in org, replacing "bogus" with the name of your new environment:

#+ATTR_LATEX: :environment bogus
- this is a
- list with some
- items in it