Re: [O] [patch][ox-latex] context-aware subscript

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [patch][ox-latex] context-aware subscript
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 10:11:57 +0200

Hello,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just enclosed a quick patch (as in doesn't contain proper commit
> msg), but it's basically the previous patch minus the removal of \text
> in math plus some quick checks towards potential nasty filters.
>
> It works with the following test file, but let me know about more
> hair-pulling test cases, and/or filters.

Thanks for the patch. Here are a few comments.

> filter replace all   & $\beta_{\text{}}$   & \texttimes{}$_{\text{}}$   \\

We might be able to handle it more nicely, i.e. by skipping \text when
contents are empty.

> +     (prev (org-export-get-previous-element entity info))
> +     (next (org-export-get-next-element entity info))
> +     (no-post-blanks-p (= (or (org-element-property :post-blank entity) 1)
> 0))
> +     (no-pre-blanks-p (= (or (org-element-property :post-blank
> +
> (org-export-get-previous-element
> +                                                 entity info)) 1) 0))

A nil :post-blank property means 0, not 1. Also, you don't re-use PREV
in NO-PRE-BLANKS-P.

> +     (scripts '(subscript superscript)))
> +    (if (not (org-element-property :latex-math-p entity)) ent
> +      (concat
> +       (if (and no-pre-blanks-p
> +             (memq (org-element-type prev) scripts)
> +             (not (eq (org-export-data prev info) "")))
> +        "" "$")
> +       ent
> +       (if (and no-post-blanks-p
> +             (memq (org-element-type next) scripts)
> +             (not (eq (org-export-data next info) "")))

I think this is problematic: if an entity needs to export both the
previous and the next object, what happens when we have two consecutive
entities? An infloop?

This is the difficult part of the problem.

> +                 (not (org-element-property :latex-math-p prev))

Sure, but I'd rather make a stricter check and also test PREV's type.

Nicolas Goaziou