Re: [O] Changing page style in odt export

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Changing page style in odt export
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 20:02:08 +0530

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a wide table in my org document which I want on a separate
> landscape page in between the document. In my style file, I have a
> page style "Landscape". Normally, in Libreoffice, I insert a page
> break with Landscape page style before the table, and another page
> break with "Default" page style after the table. How would one do it
> in org mode to get the same behaviour on exporting to odt?

Attached the wrong files.

LibreOffice takes some time to display the Table within a Text Box
within a Landscape page.  If you hover over the table a bit it becomes
visible.  This is the behaviour on LibreOffice 4.0.

-----------------
Pagebreaks created via #+PAGEBREAK are a mere expedience.  These
create extraneous "empty" paragraphs which take up "extra space".  A
typographer will chide you for resorting to such underhanded means to
create pagebreaks.

As an expedient, it has it's uses.  See `org-odt-special-block' for a
realistic example of how pagebreak can be to service.

#+ATTR_ODT: :style "Text_20_body_20_bold"
The right way to create pagebreaks is to create new styles -
custom or automatic - that set the "before/after" pagebreak
of an element (a paragraph, table etc).

For example, consider pagebreaks created as below.

Text in first page.

#+ATTR_ODT: :style "OrgPageBreakDefault"
#+PAGEBREAK:

This text goes in next page.

Now look at the page that is introduced with forced page
break.  You will realize that the first line of text in that
page is a bit displaced [fn:1] from other pages created by
LibreOffice.  A keen eye will definitely catch this
aberration.

------------

Textboxes an be used for centering tables etc horizontally
and vertically within a page.

In the example below, a landscape and centered table is
created in the middle of what is essentially a portrait
document.

Leading text.

#+ATTR_ODT: :style "OrgPageBreakLandscape"
#+PAGEBREAK:

#+ATTR_ODT: :width 5 :style "OrgPageImage" :anchor "page"
#+BEGIN_TEXTBOX
| a          | b          |
| e          | f          |
#+END_TEXTBOX

#+ATTR_ODT: :style "OrgPageBreakDefault"
#+PAGEBREAK:

You can customize paragraphs - standalone one and those occurring
within lists - using `:style' and `:p-style' attributes.  Try out
the following example and see for yourself what you can achieve.

#+ATTR_ODT: :style "OrgBulletedList" :p-style "Text_20_body_20_bold"
1. N1
   1. N11
   2. N12
2. N2
   #+ATTR_ODT: :style "OrgNumberedList" :p-style "Preformatted_20_Text"
   * B21

   * B22
     - B221

       First paragraph.

       #+ATTR_ODT: :style "OrgBibliographyList" :p-style "Text_20_body"
       1. one
       2. two
       3. three

       #+ATTR_ODT: :style "Text_20_body_20_indent"
       Second paragraph.

     - B222
   * B23
3. N3

* Footnotes

[fn:1] Does anyone know how to clearout the extraneous "space" created
by the pagebreak?