Re: [O] LaTex Adjustments for Org-Export

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: [O] LaTex Adjustments for Org-Export
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 19:03:37 -0700

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> That was [mostly] a joke. I'm actually not clear from the text above
> what is desired. The description says "no leading indent and blank
> line between," but the example text shows non-indent on first
> paragraph, indent on second (which would void the page-span concern),
> and no line break...

At first, I didn't understand the original post, but when I took the
original request to mean "no indent *on the first paragraph of the
chapter or section*", then the rest made more sense to me.

My take on the subject:

- indent is good if you want it;

- added blank line is good if you want it;

- both at once is never good; it's necessary to choose between extra
  blank OR indenting, and stick with your choice throughout a work;

- indenting the first paragraph of a chapter, or putting an extra blank
  line directly after the chapter heading, should both be
  eliminated. (Of course chapter headings should have suitable vertical
  space after them depending on the style - I'm talking about not also
  adding extra after that.)

- In either case, this means a special rule is needed: paragraphs should
  begin with indent, or with an added blank line - BUT not if this is
  the first paragraph.

--
David