emacs-erc

Re: bug#68401: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `er

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: bug#68401: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `erc-cmd-GME', `erc-cmd-AME'. 2nd attempt
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 02:07:17 +0100

J.P. wrote:

> I took your initial remarks advocating for a DRY helper and,
> in particular, this bit about error-proneness

No, the lambda is fine. It just contains one function inside
another, there is no reason to factor that out for the sake
of it.

I was talking about your proposal to add a logical
connectivity test to be called from all four functions.

If the lambda already did that I don't understand why it was
brought up in the first place, but it is no problem, I'll just
drop it and keep the lambda, okay?

Oh, man! Yet another patch I have to pile together!

By now it is clear we need to streamline our communication.
Please only mention what you think needs to be done and
nothing else. No detours or theorizing of alternatives as that
will only create confusion.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal