emacs-erc

Re: /ame source

From: J.P.
Subject: Re: /ame source
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 20:54:10 -0800

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

> J.P. wrote:
>
>> I wonder if we should instead change the behavior to match
>> the doc string because I thought only commands that start
>> with G ("global") are meant to affect all servers. IOW, why
>> not copy the existing functionality to a /GMSG and make
>> /AMSG only affect channels on the current server?

And beneath that,

> J.P. wrote:
      ^ also

>> Please send separate patches against the source tree to the
>> bug tracker.
>
> Gladly, but how do I do that? Are there instructions for
> that anywhere?

I was under the impression this meant you were willing to send git-am(1)
committable patches or at least git-apply(1)'able "combined diff" hunks.
If not, how am I to install these? Who is the author supposed to be?

See also:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/admin/notes/git-workflow

If you can't be bothered, your favorite LLM should be able to convert
your listings into proper patches. Try feeding it the original source
file and its location in the tree (e.g., lisp/erc/erc.el) along with the
contents of CONTRIBUTE and all the emails in this thread, plus the usual
dollop of elbow grease. If it comes through, please submit the output as
an attachment to M-x erc-bug RET or similar, and put "Tags: patch\n\n"
above the generated boilerplate. Thanks.