Re: [elpa] New package: vc-got

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: [elpa] New package: vc-got
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 13:32:57 +0000

Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com> writes:

> The code can be found here:
>
>       https://git.omarpolo.com/vc-got
>
> or here as a mirror:
>
>       https://github.com/omar-polo/vc-got
>
> and I've just tagged the 1.0 release.

Which of the two URLs are preferred?

> Regarding the code: I've discovered vc-do-command too late and rolled my
> own vc-got--call in the meantime.  I do intend to make more use of the
> existing vc interface in future versions.

Would you want to update the project before it is added to ELPA? I might
also be able to find some time to comment on it if you are interested
(I too released a vc package (vc-backup) just a short while ago, so I
might be able to give some input of value).

> Talking about updates, one thing that I'm not sure is how to handle
> them: if tomorrow I'll release a v1.1 I do have to ping emacs-devel,
> right?

Not necessarily. The ELPA package specification can also contain an
:auto-sync attribute, indicating that the ELPA server will regularly
check for new updates (update-commits are identified by bumping the
version tag in the package header). If you can ensure that all
contributors have signed the copyright assignment and can maintain basic
repository hygiene, the packages can be updated manually too.

--
        Philip Kaludercic