Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 14:43:32 +0300

On 31.08.2021 06:09, Richard Stallman wrote:
   > Yes, as is now apparent from multiple arguments around the subject,
   > appealing to newcomers (and/or trying to adopt contemporary usability
   > practices) is of much lesser priority than, say, making sure that each
   > key binding that has been with us for a number of years, is left
   > unchanged for ever. We hate to risk inconveniencing existing users.

Please don't bring sarcasm into our discussions.  It tends to make the
discussion more acrimonious and make agreement more difficult.
Any point can be made without sarcasm, and it's likely to arouse
less resistance that way.

I wasn't really that sarcastic. The above is literally my observations on our decision-making in the area.