Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 20:19:42 +0200

Daniel Martín <mardani29@yahoo.es> writes:

> For people that don't want to use the Web interface, the usage of git
> send-mail may pose some problems.  In CONTRIBUTE there is a note that
> says that patch attachments are preferred to git send-mail for some
> reasons:

Well, we really don't care as long as the patches reach us unscathed.

In my experience, it's more likely that a patch won't be mangled if it's
in an attachment (which is why CONTRIBUTE says that), but if you have a
setup that allows you to send patches safely otherwise (i.e., you're not
using Gmail :-)), then we don't care.

> But even if patch attachments are not supported by sourcehut, I think
> support for image attachments is at least required for some issues.

Yeah, it has to support attachments.