Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 09:56:45 +0200

On 28 August 2021 09:30:32 CEST, Eli Zaretskii <
>The list of issues we filed with GitLab was mostly about email-based
>workflow and other relevant features, because the Web-based workflow
>was supported by GitLab already.  It sounds like we now need to
>augment that list by the requirements from the Web-based workflow,
>since SourceHut and other platforms might lack them.
>
>Would someone like to come with a list of such requirements?

Yeah, not sure what these requirements are, though, apart from the pr workflow
being recognizable across many GitHub derivatives.

The mailing of patches seems like the hardest issue to overcome from what I see
people complaining about. Prettier UI/UX is also on the list. One can be
learned, the other is subjective. I think the most important thing SourceHut
solves is catering a little better to the one time contributing workflow than
what debbugs does.

I'm really not sure what this list should look like

Theo