Re: Repeat undo-only is not working

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Repeat undo-only is not working
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:50:04 -0700

On 8/23/2021 9:06 AM, Juri Linkov wrote:
Sorry, this part of the feature is still unpolished.
The intention was to disallow repeating of undo with
the key sequence `C-/ u', but allow only with `C-x u u'.
Maybe this was a wrong idea?  Do you think it should be
possible to type `C-/' to initiate the repeating sequence
`C-/ u u u'?

For what it's worth, the intention matches my personal expectation. I'd be pretty surprised if a key sequence with a single input event (e.g. `C-/') activated a repeat-mode map. My mental model is that repeat-mode "saves" all but the last input event of a key sequence and then uses it as a prefix to the subsequently-pressed keys.

Perhaps it should be possible to support the behavior in the original post, but I'm happy with how things are now.

- Jim