Re: New Context Menu

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: New Context Menu
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 20:15:24 +0200

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 19:36:37 +0200
From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
Cc: juri@linkov.net, emacs-devel@gnu.org

>> Maybe the problem is that mouse-N events are generated when we release
>> the mouse-N key. But no C-mouse-N event is generated when Control is
>> hold and mouse-N key released.
>
>I don't think this is true.

If I do:

C-h k and press mouse-1

With what toolkit? or was this on a TTY frame?

I just tried on a gui and it has the same behavior. two events on one
case and one on the other.

But in gui there is some timing involved because releasing fast the
button has a different behavior than when doing it slowly. Something
that somehow does not happen in xterm.

The exact behavior
depends on the internal details of how mouse clicks in menus are
handled by the toolkit.  It is not something that is the same across
all Emacs configurations.