Re: Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 12:23:40 +0200

On Thu, 19 Aug 2021 at 09:25, Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:

> Just wanted to ping this message to check if there is any interest in
> doing something with my initial suggestion?

The discussion about installing packages from a cloned git repo is
interesting, but I would like to point out that your suggestion also
addresses a much more mundane task, namely: let the user autoload (and
maybe byte-compile) their own configuration files (the stuff one
typically puts under ~/.emacs.d/lisp) without having to worry about
updating autoload files manually.

Ideally, this should be straightforward to do, but I recall having to
delve into package.el to figure it out.  Your site-lisp.el would have
helped me at that point.