Re: Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory

From: dick
Subject: Re: Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 08:41:38 -0400

Ah, the craven pleasure of having one's flamebait reach its target via the
intertubes.

Like the straight author, I also prefer a Halstedian approach to
garbage code, but elpa-admin is not that, and maintaining a Heroku mirror to
normalize relations with ELPA is as cost-effective as erecting a Trumpian
border wall.  I suppose, relative to that undertaking, having to replicate
elpa-admin's pre-build treatment and default-inclusive recipe were but
afterthoughts. [1]

Ever unconvincingly trying to appear aloof, I'll add the requisite disclaimer
that none of these decisions actually matters except to a hundred or so
obsessives.  Most emacsers' configurations are so flawed that nothing we do
prevents them from having to issue shell commands to manage third-party
elisp.

[1]
https://github.com/raxod502/straight.el/blob/08b0ecf525b4b53e0952c1575644f82f52264961/straight.el#L3059-L3122