Re: Question collaborative editing - torify emacs

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing - torify emacs
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:01:53 +0000

You can try to torify emacs, open up server, tell me the IP address
(other websites will tell it) and I can try to connect.
That’s not how tor work. I’m pretty sure this IP will change,
and will not accept connection.

What’s supposed to happen is the server starts a Tor hidden service
https://roll.urown.net/server/tor/tor-hidden-service.html
and the client connect to it through the Tor proxy installed on the
client machine.
There’s a lot to setup, but if user gives Emacs root access
it won’t be that hard to write an Elisp script to automate all these.