Re: High-res Customize icons

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: High-res Customize icons
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 22:26:53 +0000

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 03:17:37PM -0400, Yuan Fu wrote:

> Cocoa provides an API for querying the scaling factor, if it is 2,
> we should load the @2x image and add :scale 0.5.
>
> It’s kind of a mess. What do you think?
>
> How about exposing that Cocoa API to lisp and handle accordingly in
> find-image? Some thing like:

This sounds good to me. It should be easy to expose the scale factor
to lisp. The only potential problem is that it can change as the frame
is dragged from one screen to the other, or similar. Is there any way
to force reloading the images?

Anyway, even if not it will always display something, just not
necessarily the optimal image.

Do you want me to write the C code to expose the scale factor?
--
Alan Third