Re: eww and bookmarks

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: eww and bookmarks
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 13:15:20 -0500

Hi,

Having recently put together a new package that uses bookmarks to
restore windows and buffers, Burly[0], I tested bookmarks with EWW
buffers, expecting them to be bookmarkable with Emacs bookmarks, but I
found that they aren't.  Then I found this thread[1] from June about
Michael's patch, which sounds great, but it doesn't seem to have been
applied yet.

Is there any chance it can make it into Emacs 28?  It seems a shame for
EWW buffers to not work with Emacs's own bookmark system.

Thanks to Michael, et al for your work on this patch.

0: https://github.com/alphapapa/burly.el
1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-06/msg00364.html