Re: Suggest installing more fonts?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Suggest installing more fonts?
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 10:59:02 -0400

> You mean, a Debian user cannot simply download font files and install
> them?  Are Debian users forced to use "apt get" etc.?  I'm surprised.

As a Debian user, I do think that I can "download font files and install
them" and there's a good chance I can even do that "simply", but I have
never needed to do that and would have to search for info about how to
do it and I wouldn't be satisfied with the result because now those
fonts wouldn't be kept up-to-date by the usual mechanisms.

So, while I'm not "forced" to use `apt`, I would first and foremost want
to use `apt` and only resort to another solution if there's no
other solution.

        Stefan