Re: Include leaf in Emacs distribution

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Include leaf in Emacs distribution
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 20:41:46 -0700

> The usefulness of leaf and use-package is demonstrated by the
> MELPA DL numbers.  As leaf or use-package include into Emacs,
> their bootstrapping code can be omitted and the user's init.el
> will be more consistent.

I believe so as well. I had meant to prepare the patch for including
use-package.el into Emacs last week, but will make time this weekend now that
I'm at my sister's cabin and have some time to myself for a few days.

As Stefan fears, it could lessen the need for package authors to make their
products as configurable as they might be, but I believe on the whole it
allows for more consistency and clarity in users' configuration files, and
sometimes such a feeling alone is worth quite a lot indeed.