Sticky tooltips

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Sticky tooltips
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 18:17:53 +0200

I had a bit of time today to play with the idea of sticky tooltips. I am
still testing the interaction between tooltips and frame; so I tried
with a timer to keep a tooltip alive long enough so that user can move
mouse into the frame to enable a frame to be sticky (no functionality
yet).

I am having a little bit of a problem there; and I am not really sure
why. When I move mouse slow enough, it works for the most part; but if
mouse is moved quickly it sometimes work, sometimes not, and sometimes a
bit jerky: the tip frame "jumps" after the mouse. I guess it all depends
on timers and how Emacs delivers events. I am not sure what would be the
best strategy to go about this, so I appreciate if someone can give me a
tip (pun intended).