Re: Suggest installing more fonts?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Suggest installing more fonts?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 14:34:36 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

From: Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 22:19:14 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes: > Also, if this is the way we want to go, we should have > separate advice for MS-Windows users, where there are > several system specific issues regarding font search by > Emacs, and many users are unable to install fonts > system-wide due to fascist corporation policies. Is there a way to make fonts available to Emacs without installing them on Windows? On my work laptop I can’t install fonts, but would like to have broader unicode coverage in Emacs.

"Can't install" even only for your user?

I have not found a way on Win7, which seems to still be pretty widespread on corporate laptops. I understand that Win10 might have user-fonts. (I am not a Windows expert, though).

Rasmus

--
Don't slow down Johnny, leave the Cadillac runnin'