Re: Suggest installing more fonts?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Suggest installing more fonts?
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 08:31:33 +0200

> C- Fix the problem that makes Emacs fail to find the fonts when other
>    applications deal with it just fine.

I agree with everything in this post, but just one comment here:

There's two philosophies here, depending on the "class" of the
application.  The applications that are primarily concerned with
displaying documents (Chrome, Firefox, Libreoffice) put a lot of work
into this, and both have giant lists of fonts preinstalled, and are
distributed with (some) fonts.

Other apps, that are more bare-bones (like Terminal) just look at the
default font and then tufo if the font doesn't have that glyph.

Emacs is somewhere in the middle here, as usual.