Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 08:19:59 +0300

* Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> [2020-10-15 07:00]:

>   > For MELPA warning it is good to be specific, as if there is some
>   > wrapped proprietary software on MELPA, then let us find out which
>   > software it is, and one can make a list, or even ask MELPA not to
>   > include such.
>
>   > Which one it is exactly?
>
> I don't know, but probably someone here knows of some examples.
>
> I have a vague recollection, though, that some of us already asked the
> maintainers of Melpa to make this change, and they did not want to.
>
> Does anyone actually know?

Maybe these:

- lastpass, LastPass proprietary software command wrapper, it probably
  interacts with proprietary software from Emacs, inciting users to
  try out or use or install LastPass

- sharper, dotnet CLI wrapper, I am just blindly assuming that dotnet
  CLI is Microsoft proprietary programming language

Jean