Re: Include leaf in Emacs distribution

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Include leaf in Emacs distribution
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 09:23:28 -0400

> IMO it would help with the "emacs wizard" proposal. For instance, if
> there is a "install undo-tree and enable it globally" option on the
> wizard, it could generate something like this on the emacs init file:
>
> (use-package undo-tree
>   :ensure t
>   :diminish undo-tree-mode
>   :config (global-undo-tree-mode))

Why not just use

    (global-undo-tree-mode 1)

?

Assuming the `gnu-elpa` package is installed (which I'd hope we could
bundle with Emacs-28), then it should do pretty much the same as your
`use-package` code above, except for the `diminish` which seems
orthogonal (if we think it should be diminished by default, then we
should change undo-tree accordingly).

        Stefan