Re: How to make Emacs popular again: Use monospaced fonts less

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs popular again: Use monospaced fonts less
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 10:02:41 +1100

Just as another data point ....

I'm using spacemacs with the default spacemacs mode-line theme. I added
the following to my .spacemacs config file (I'm using the 'gotham'
theme).

(setq theming-modifications '((gotham (mode-line :inherit variable-pitch))))

This appears to be working well despite the fact spacemacs has a heavily
customised mode-line definition. The spacemacs environment supports a
number of different mode-line themes. I have only tried variable pitch
with the default theme. It looks good.